Zach turned 9 months old on Thanksgiving and this month is proving to be an exciting one for us. He is learning so much each day and I am in complete awe of how fast he picks things up. He now gestures to things quite often by extending his arm and fist, saying "ah da", and then looking to us to see what we say. He wants to know what everything is, using gestures and "ah da" all the time.
His other new trick is "Where's Zachary?" I have only played "Where's Mommy?" and "Where's Zachary?" with him and a blanket a handful of times. He caught onto "Where's Mommy?" right away, pulling the blanket from my face and giggling each time. I moved onto "Where's Zachary?" The other night he was fussing in the car so I climbed into the back and tried distracting him for the rest of the trip. One approach I used was this game. We played a few times and then I put the blanket down for a break. Before I know it, he grabs the blanket, covers his face, and begins to giggle. I realize he has learned how to lead the game and is waiting for me to ask him "Where's Zachary?" Sure enough, the minute I ask, he throws the blanket off his face laughing wildly. He did it again and again. I can't believe he picked the game up that quickly. To see if he really understands the game, I handed him a blanket the next day and asked "Where's Zachary?" He giggled and covered his face right away. Again, I am in total awe to see him learn and apply these new things.
In other exciting news, his first tooth made it through his gums and is now showing! After months of drooling and chewing constantly, we finally have something to show for it!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment