Saturday, November 1, 2008

Swinging away sickness

Ryan, Zach, and I have all been pretty sick this last week. Ryan and I are finally starting to feel a little better today which is of course about the time Zach starts running a fever. We were so sick we missed Halloween which we were pretty disappointed about. By 7:15, we were all in bed. Today all we have done is lay around. Zach has slept almost the entire day. We opened all the windows because it is such a warm beautiful day outside and in hopes of getting our sick germs out of this house. By afternoon Ryan and I began to get stir crazy. I was beginning to feel like I will never leave this house or my pjs. Ryan decided he was going to water the plants and go to Lowes. However after watering plants, he was so exhausted he came back inside to the couch - too much to soon I guess. After awhile we decided we were tired of being tired, tired of being sick, and tired of being in this house. Since it is so warm outside we decided a small slow walk to the playground would be good for all of us. We walked to the playground and I decided to sit Zach on my lap and swing gently. This was really his first experience with swings, other than his infant swing he abandoned long ago. He loved it! He has been fussy all day, but when he was on the swing he was smiling and laughing. It was such a nice change for us all. Even though I was holding him, he insisted on holding onto one of the swing chains. He would take a deep breath in when we would go a little faster. Then he would smile and let out a little giggle. It was so cute and enjoyable. Now we are back at home and of course Ryan and I are laying on the couch and Zach is back asleep in the crib. Even if it did wear us out, it was completely worth it.

No comments: